GENERAL TWITCHRP RULES
These rules are the same across all TRP servers/games. GTA-specific rules follow.
GENERAL COMMUNITY RULES
1 – Be respectful of others in the community; personal insults or verbal attacks outside of role-play (RP) are strictly prohibited!
2 – RP that violates the Twitch Terms of Service (ToS) and Rules of Conduct (RoC) is strictly prohibited:
3 – You must stay in character at all times on TwitchRP servers. This means no going out of character (OOC) on the radio/in-game chats, as well. Message people on Steam, Discord, or other methods if you need to, but keep it all in character (IC) when playing on TwitchRP.
4 – DO NOT broadcast music to the server using the internal VOIP unless agreed upon by all present parties.
5 – Your first action in any disagreement should always be to try to RP it out. If that doesn’t work and you have a problem with another player, handle it privately, rather than having an open argument on the radio/in chat in the game or in a public forum like Discord or Twitch. If the player has broken a rule, file a report.
6 – Speaking poorly of others on stream, in chat, or elsewhere will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, submit a report. You are representing TwitchRP when you’re on our servers.
7 – Do not message admins directly. We have a FAQ for reference, and a Discord where you can ask for assistance (#in-game-assistance for IN-GAME HELP REQUESTS ONLY, #trp-faqs for frequently asked questions, and any of the general channels for general help).
8 – When you applied to TwitchRP, you signed up with Discord as part of the process. It’s required that you edit your nickname on the TwitchRP Discord server to “Steam Name (Current Character Name)” so that it’s easier for people to contact you. Additionally, this will allow admins to find you quickly in the event a report is filed against you. If the admins are unable to contact you, we will have no other recourse than to take appropriate actions against you, as we will only have one side of the story. If your Steam name is the same as your character name, you must still follow this rule.
If GTA is the only TRP server you’re whitelisted on, please see GTA-specific rules below for details on formatting your Discord name.
9 – CHARACTER NAMES: You may not use special characters in your name, unless they are part of your name. (For instance, you are a robot, and your name is “R2-D2.” If you’re a human, don’t name yourself “~*Janet*~”) Admins will change your name if you do not comply with the guidelines.
10 – CHILD CHARACTERS: Child characters are only allowed in ARK. Please see ARK-specific rules for details on naming your child character.
11 – Do not glitch any elements of the games or use exploits.
12 – If an admin contacts you to discuss a timeout, the ban will not be lifted (regardless of its initial duration) until you have spoken to the admin.
13 – Any player caught harassing or bullying another player on the server, or outside of the server but in relation to their presence on the server, will be permanently removed and barred from the current and any future whitelists.
If the admin team bans you from a TRP server/game, you will also be banned from all other current and future TRP servers/games.
Metagaming is the use of out of character (OOC) knowledge someone would have no in character (IC) knowledge of. Stream sniping occurs when you have a player’s stream open and use the information you see there (whether to find, harass, spy on them, or otherwise interact).
14 – Stream sniping/stalking and metagaming IS NOT TOLERATED. Do not act on information obtained through any means other than direct RP:
- You must keep the information you have learned via watching streams and reading discussions separate from your character’s knowledge.
- You may not use in-game automated notifications (death messages and tribe/clan logs, etc.).
15 – Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to:
- using radio/chat tags to find tribe/clan and character names,
- using your HUD on a structure or creature of any kind,
- or using destruction logs to find out who has raided you.
16 – If you decide to re-roll midseason (ARK) or after death (GTA), your new character may be associated with your previous character, but it cannot retain any knowledge from your previous character (memories, etc.). Not only is this meta, but it creates unfair relationships between your new character and those your old character had met.
You may always re-roll for a new season.
17 – External communication may not be used unless you are farming or hanging out in your base with your friends/tribe. The moment you begin active RP, you MUST mute or close your external VOIP connection.
18 – DO NOT log out in the middle of combat, i.e. combat logging.
19 – You cannot murder someone unless they have threatened your life or have not complied with your reasonable demands.
20 – You cannot assault people without proper vocal role-play initiation that stems from you or your group in all situations.
- Initiated role-play lasts for roughly 15 minutes before you must re-initiate.
21 – If you were not directly involved in the original RP situation (can’t hear the shots), and if you are not a part of the group (via radio/chat, text, or other direct communication previous to the scenario), you may not initiate in that RP scenario.
22 – If your character becomes knocked out or unconscious for any reason, you need to role-play this. If you are unconscious, you are not going to be able to speak coherently, and using the radio/chat is not practical.
23 – Declaring war with other tribes/groups is allowed as long as it is clear who the involved parties are. You are not allowed to forcefully drag bystanders into your conflict. Those who were not included in the RP which set the premise for the war are considered bystanders.
If you would like to spectate a fight, you must understand that combatants are in a tense situation and cannot always tell who is a spectator and who is an enemy. Your presence (and the presence of your mount) at a battlefield puts you at risk.
NEW LIFE RULE
Please see the game-specific rules for NLR rules for each TRP server.
24 – If you are accidentally killed in a PVE situation, you may (or may not) be invited back to the RP by the people involved. They may (or may not) return the items found on your body at that time. Do not presume you are invited back; wait for the invitation.
25 – In any PVP scenario, whether a skirmish or a full-out war, you are not allowed to respawn and return to the fight at all. Returning to the battle is unrealistic, and both sides continually respawning means the fight would only end when players get tired, and not when one side gets the better of another.
These rules are for GTA only.
GENERAL GTA COMMUNITY RULES
1 – Your in-game name should be the same Discord name, so that the admin team can find you easily if we need to talk to you.
2 – Value your life above all else. Recklessness ruins role-play and is not allowed. GTA is a world where you don’t resurrect; EMS revives you or you end up at the hospital. Therefore, your character should believe they can die. If they get into a fight, they should be fearful of injury/death.
3 – Since players must apply to be police officers on TwitchRP, you may not RP someone with authority over them, like a federal agent. There are exceptions to this rule, e.g. running for mayor, but the mayor will not be allowed to overrule the systems we have in place for the police.
The FiB is an admin bureau. We use this to avoid breaking immersion when doing admin business on the server. You may roll an agent of a private investigating firm, but you may not RP a government-based agent or anything with authority over the police without admin permission.
4 – POLICE INTERACTIONS:
Unlike many other servers, our police are not admins/mods. Out of character, they’re equal to all other players; it’s an application process. They’re trusted with official in-character (IC) responsibilities and should be respected IC in the same manner you would treat a police officer in real life.
- When a police officer is interacting with you please role-play with them. Do not always just run from the police. This will only add to your sentence/penalty.
- Killing a police officer is a worse crime than killing a private citizen, and your sentence will reflect this. Death is death, but police are needed to keep the server civil.
- When arrested and taken to a police station, you must follow or go where the officer tells you. If you do not you will immediately be jailed and time will be added onto your sentence.
- If your cuffs malfunction while you are under arrest, please role-play as if you are still cuffed. Do not pull a gun out or run away and use a car.
- When involved in a role-play situation, or if you are wanted by the police, you may not change your skin. This would make law enforcement impossible and can ruin storylines. You may, however, change your clothing.
5 – WARRANTS:
If a warrant is made for your arrest, all police officers will know via the police radio channel and will be looking for you.
- Robberies: Warrants for robberies will last only for that session. While police are actively looking for you, this is considered active RP. Logging out while they are actively searching for you is just like combat logging – don’t do it! Once the heat has died down, you can safely log out; when you log in the next time, you’re in the clear.
- If all officers are downed in a robbery, the perpetrators get away without warrants/charges/fines.
- For all other crimes, warrants will last until the police either catch you or forget about your crime.
6 – VEHICLES: Any vehicles that have weapons on them are not to be used EVER! This includes tanks, jets, helicopters, etc.
7 – ROAD RULES: If you are driving around like a madman, you will be pulled over and fined. Try to obey the traffic conditions; if you don’t and you are caught, expect a ticket, unless you can talk your way out of it.
8 – JOB SYSTEM: When you accept a job at the Employment Office, you should use the job in your RP. Different jobs have different salaries, but you should choose the job that makes sense for your character and RP it, rather than choosing the best-paying job and then ignoring it.
9 – ALT CHARACTERS: If you have other characters on GTA, no information may be transferred across characters. (You may not use information you learned while logged in on your police officer when you log into your drug lord. You must learn the info from a third party.)
10 – GTA CHATS:
- /help gives you a full list of commands
- /news is global; only people with the news job can use this
- /taxi is global; this is used to call a taxi and for the taxi to respond
- /ad is global; this is used for advertising, like a classified section
- /me is used for emoting; “/me feels like he has a fever”
- /do is used for actions; “/do puts handcuffs on”
- /ooc is global; this should only be used when absolutely necessary. This will be phased out soon.
GTA NEW LIFE RULE
11 – The NLR in GTA is dependent on your injuries:
- If you are killed in some RP situations like: GUNSHOTS, EXPLOSIONS, MELEE WEAPONS, AND THROWN WEAPONS (EXCLUDING BASEBALLS/SNOWBALLS), your memory of the incident will be fuzzy. You will not remember the attacker or the last 15 minutes, and/or the events leading up to your death. (e.g. You’re captured 30 minutes before and executed at the end of it – you won’t remember anything from the point of capture.)
- If you are killed in RP situations like: BEATEN UP, OR HIT BY A CAR, you may remember the attacker and other details of the attack. You will feel groggy, but you can remember whatever you want.
- Going to the hospital from ANY wound will cause your memory to be fuzzy. You will not remember the last 15 minutes and/or the events leading up to your death. You may not return to the scene unless escorted by police or the attacker.
- If you are incapacitated by police, do not respawn at the hospital unless there is no other option, or they tell you to do so. It’s better RP all around for them to revive you and arrest you.
- If you are killed by police and respawn at the hospital, you must call 911 to notify them that you are at the hospital for pickup, or sit and wait. If they do not arrive within 15 minutes, you may try to escape. Do not try to hide at the hospital to avoid capture.
- A witness may tell you the identity of your attacker and other pertinent details of the attack.