1 – Be respectful of others on the server; personal insults or verbal attacks outside of role-play (RP) are strictly prohibited!
2 – RP that violates the Twitch Terms of Service (ToS) and Rules of Conduct (RoC) is strictly prohibited:
3 – You must stay in character at all times on TwitchRP. This means no going out of character (OOC) on the radio or in local chat, as well. Message people on Steam, Discord, or other methods if you need to, but keep it all in character (IC) when playing on TwitchRP.
4 – DO NOT broadcast music to the server using the internal VOIP unless agreed upon by all present parties.
5 – Your first action in any disagreement should always be to try to RP it out. If that doesn’t work and you have a problem with another player, handle it privately, rather than having an open argument on the radio in game or in a public forum like Discord or Twitch. If the player has broken a rule, file a report.
6 – Speaking poorly of others on stream, in chat, or elsewhere will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, submit a report. You are representing TwitchRP when you’re on Twitch.
7 – Do not message admins directly. We have a FAQ for reference, and a Discord where you can ask for assistance (#in-game-assistance for IN-GAME HELP REQUESTS ONLY, and any of the general channels for general help).
8 – When you applied to the server, you signed up with Discord as part of the process. It’s required that you edit your nickname on the TwitchRP Discord server to “Steam Name (Current Character Name)” so that it’s easier for people to contact you. Additionally, this will allow admins to find you quickly in the event a report is filed against you. If the admins are unable to contact you, we will have no other recourse than to take appropriate actions against you, as we will only have one side of the story. If your Steam name is the same as your character name, you must still follow this rule.
9 – CHARACTER NAMES: If your character is a child, you must add “[c]” BEFORE your name, so that everyone who interacts with you knows you are a child immediately. This is the ONLY acceptable nametag identification allowed on TwitchRP (See metagaming section below.) Even putting every model slider to the smallest setting results in a character who looks like a small adult; adding the “[c]” to your name helps other players interact with you appropriately and avoids needless misunderstandings.
You may not use special characters in your name, unless they are part of your name. (For instance, you are a robot, and your name is “R2-D2.” If you’re a human, don’t name yourself “~*Janet*~”) Admins will change your name if you do not comply with the guidelines.
10 – If an admin contacts you to discuss a timeout, the ban will not be lifted (regardless of its initial duration) until you have spoken to the admin.
11 – Do not glitch any elements of the game or use exploits, including but not limited to:
- You cannot build a foundation or structure where a rider sits on any platform dinosaur saddles. The rider has to be realistically sitting on the saddle. However, you can build over the top of the rider.
- You cannot use the quetzal platform farming exploit (farming using dinosaurs on a quetzal “shelf” structure does not register weight properly).
12 – If you get any blueprints or items that are not meant to be in the game (for instance, if TwitchRP is in a primitive season, or has otherwise restricted engrams or item levels), please discard them. You can see what is permitted in your engram list.
Metagaming is the use of out of character (OOC) knowledge someone would have no in character (IC) knowledge of. Stream sniping occurs when you have a player’s stream open and use the information you see there (whether to find, harass, spy on them, or otherwise interact).
13 – Stream sniping/stalking and metagaming IS NOT TOLERATED. Do not act on information obtained through any means other than direct RP:
- You must keep the information you have learned via watching streams and reading discussions separate from your character’s knowledge.
- You may not use in-game automated notifications such as death messages and tribe logs.
14 – Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited. This includes:
- using radio tags to find tribe and character names,
- using your HUD on a structure of any kind,
- or using destruction logs to find out who has raided you. If you were raided and the evidence left is false (the raiders blamed someone else), you may not act on your tribe log information. You should follow the false trail and ask around for more information. DO NOT, under any circumstances, confront the raiders and suggest that “a little birdie” told you who really raided you, unless you have the RP proof to back that assertion up.
- You MAY NOT use your spyglass or naked eye to see a dinosaur or character’s name.
- You MAY obtain someone’s name from an implant on their body.
15 – If you decide to reroll, your new character may be associated with your previous character, but it cannot retain any knowledge from your previous character (memories, etc). Not only is this meta, but it creates unfair relationships between your new character and those your old character had met.
16 – ALT CHARACTERS: If you have a second character on TwitchRP, your characters must have completely separate lives in different tribes. You may not have both characters logged into the server at the same time; this gives you an unfair advantage, and takes up a player slot during busy times.
Community buildings are structures built for community RP, like schools, libraries, restaurants, saunas, etc. These buildings MAY NOT be used for a home; items, valuables, and dinosaurs should be stored elsewhere. ALL doors and chests must be unlocked to prevent raiding – if you leave locked storage in your structure, you should expect that it will get broken into. Do not leave anything in your structure you would be sad to lose. Community buildings MUST have a yellow front door to be considered an RP structure. Your community building must be accessible by the community 24/7; you cannot claim a community building exemption for a structure in your base.
17 – You may not raid a community building!
18 – If you are found abusing the system by creating a communal building as a front for something else, or by hiding a person or their belongings inside, the building is subject to demolition under an admin’s discretion.
19 – RP-PVP IS ALLOWED inside these buildings, as long as it does not damage the building. No explosives!
20 – External communication may not be used unless you are farming or hanging out in your base with your friends/tribe. The moment you begin active RP, you MUST mute or close your external VOIP connection.
Using external communication in raids is prohibited. In-game VOIP allows everyone to hear you, even when talking on the radio. The only way to silent execute an attack or raid is via the radio in game. (In other words, you and your party tune to a secret radio frequency and communicate on that voice channel.)
21 – The radio should be considered voice, not text. If someone is typing next to you on the radio, and they are in disguise, but you have met them before, you can recognize their voice. (If they stay silent, of course, then you don’t recognize them if their face is hidden.) If you are incapacitated (unconscious), you should not use the radio, as your character is unable to talk.
22 – Treat the radio as realistically as possible.
- No emoticons or text-speak should be used, and unless you have met someone previously, you do not know the name and tribe of the people chatting.
- Additionally, the radio should be used to facilitate RP (arranging a meet-up, checking if someone is awake, etc.), and NOT as your primary mode of RP; your story should not play out over the radio, which can drown out everyone else, but rather should play out in person.
23 – You are not allowed to learn character names or tribe names from the radio, because it is voice. (See metagaming section above.) Certainly, if you’ve met a character before, you would recognize their voice. But if you’ve never interacted with a character, unless they specifically state their name or their tribe’s name, all you know is their voice. When you finally meet, it is absolutely within RP to say, “Oh, you’re [Character Name]! I recognize your voice from the radio!”
24 – Do not use local chat. Whisper in game via your microphone, or pass notes. A microphone is required to play on TwitchRP. If your mic breaks, find a reason your character is suddenly mute (sore throat always works), and start writing notes!
25 – DO NOT log out in the middle of combat, i.e. combat logging.
26 – Do not kill sleepers immediately after restarts; allow them at the very least five minutes to log in before resuming combat.
27 – You cannot murder someone unless they have threatened your life or have not complied with your reasonable demands.
28 – You cannot assault people without proper vocal role-play initiation that stems from you or your group in all situations.
- Initiated role-play lasts for roughly 15 minutes before you must re-initiate.
29 – If you were not directly involved in the original RP situation (can’t hear the shots), and if you are not a part of the group (via radio, text, or other direct communication previous to the scenario), you may not initiate in that RP scenario.
30 – You may fight over drops, land grab scenarios, or dinosaur tames in a role-play manner. For example:
- If you arrive at a drop and someone is there, you can choose to challenge them on the drop. You must role-play the situation and make sure the other side understands that if you both fight over it someone may die.
- You may fight over land, but you must RP the challenge. Any time you destroy someone’s structure, you must follow the rules of a raid, and leave a note in a bad box. (See section on raiding below.)
- When challenging over dinosaur tames, you must leave the dinosaur alone once it is knocked out. Hitting a dinosaur that is knocked out is against the rules.
31 – FLYERS IN PVP: When participating in RP-PVP actions, you cannot use a flyer to attack players on the ground. This includes picking them up and dropping them, spinning to win, or just general attacks. You can, however, attack people on other flyers. So, bird-to-bird combat in the air is acceptable. Additionally, a person on the ground can attack a person on a bird (shoot at them).
- All weapons mounted on flyer platforms are considered part of the flyer and therefore may not be used on ground targets. You must follow the flyers-in-PVP rule.
32 – TURRETS: Auto-turrets may not be used on platform saddles of any dinosaurs; however, plant turrets may be used on platform dinosaurs.
33 – If your character becomes knocked out or unconscious for any reason, you need to role-play this. If you are unconscious, you are not going to be able to speak coherently, and using the radio is not practical.
34 – You are permitted to kill another player’s creatures ONLY under the occurrence of RP in which the owner is actively involved, or in self-defense. You are NEVER to kill another player’s creatures for other reasons, especially if they’re in a base or otherwise private or protected area and set to passive.
- If you store things on passive dinosaurs, they are still subject to being tranqed out and the items being stolen.
- Taking part in a battle or RP-PVP and parking your dinosaur slightly away from where the fight takes place does not mean that dinosaur is safe. You still rode it or used it to get to the battle’s location. There is still a possibility that it could be killed, passive or not.
35 – Declaring war with other tribes is allowed as long as it is clear who the involved parties are. You are not allowed to forcefully drag bystanders into your conflict. Those who were not included in the RP which set the premise for the war are considered bystanders.
If you would like to spectate a fight, you must understand that combatants are in a tense situation and cannot always tell who is a spectator and who is an enemy. Just like parking your dinosaur near the battle does not assure its safety, your presence at a battlefield puts you at risk.
NEW LIFE RULE
36 – Upon death, you are not allowed to visit the area containing your body for the next 10 minutes. There must be NO doubt here from other players; we recommend you stay away 15-20 minutes to be safe. Any loot you may have dropped is now forfeit, up for grabs by anyone. Do not go back for it. Your home, however, stays in your possession. If you die in the vicinity of your home, respawn at the beach. You have no memory of your killer, or any event leading up to your death.
If you are accidentally killed in a PVE situation, you may (or may not) be invited back to the RP by the people involved. They may (or may not) return the items found on your body at that time. Do not presume you are invited back; wait for the invitation.
37 – In any PVP scenario, whether a skirmish or a full-out war, you are not allowed to respawn and return to the fight at all. Returning to the battle is unrealistic, and both sides continually respawning means the fight would only end when players get tired, and not when one side gets the better of another.
38 – Dropping or kiting wild dinosaurs onto player bases or dinosaurs is not allowed.
39 – During an assault on a settlement, compound, or any other form of “base,” you are allowed to:
- make only one new entrance (which is also your exit).
- destroy only so much that is needed to plunder. You may not drop stolen goods on the floor to despawn; this is considered griefing. If you destroy containers, and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby containers.
- You are not allowed to destroy the entire base, or cause massive destruction to it.
40 – You are not allowed to use rocket launchers for RP-PVP or raiding on TwitchRP. While they are cheaper than C4, they create excess damage to structures.
41 – RAID NOTES: During an offline raid on someone’s home, you must leave a note for the owner to find. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint as to the real culprit. There should be no doubt from the recipient.
If you were witnessed (i.e. chased off or caught) by a third party, you are not required to leave a note. You may NOT bring along a friend to the raid, and consider this your third party; the witness must be completely separate from your raiding group and have no prior knowledge of the raid.
Your note must lead to some form of RP for the victim. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor note, or you’ve simply blamed someone random, the admin team reserves the right to deem your raid as a rule break.
Be aware that continuous raiding could lead to harassment. Be respectful of your fellow player and the time they put into the game. Role-play should always be a priority.
DINO & TRIBE LIMITS
42 – Your tribe, no matter its size, is allowed 30 dinosaurs, PLUS:
- one personal mount for each tribe member,
- one vanity (shoulder) pet for each tribe member,
- and one of each farming dinosaur:
- ankylos (metal),
- beavers, mammoths, OR thorny lizards (wood),
- doedicurus (stone),
- dung beetles (fertilizer),
- frogs (cementing paste) OR snails (cementing paste/organic polymer),
- and morellatops (water), on Scorched Earth.
Dragons will ALWAYS count as one of your 30-dino limit, even if they are your personal mount.
Each tribe is allowed a MAXIMUM OF TWO rock elementals.
Breeders should take special care to make sure they stay within the limits, as there are no breeding exceptions. If any tribe is found to be over the limit, they can expect a message from an admin, and their dinos are subject to culling at admin discretion, at any time, without warning.
43 – Your tribe is allowed one “main” base and one smaller, separate location (for example, a main RP base, and a smaller, secure build for PVP). If an admin feels your build is too big, expect a request to downsize. (See “Base Building and Defense”)
44 – Your tribe is allowed a maximum of two ships.
BASE BUILDING & DEFENSE
Though the mods we select for TwitchRP have low-poly counts, every single item placed on the server contributes to lag. To keep TRP running smoothly, please be aware of how much you are placing and building – a little can go a long way!
45 – FOUNDATIONS: Empty foundations (whether spammed in an area, single foundations placed randomly, or several foundations together with no progress made on the build) will be removed by admins after 72 hours from the start of a season. Empty rafts and abandoned dinghies will also be removed. Admins will continue to remove these foundations and rafts without notice as the season progresses.
46 – Auto-turrets may be used on the outside of a building; however, if you are in a high traffic area, you should have the range and warning set to accommodate this. If you build a base out of the way from people, use your best judgment on warnings and range.
- If you normally have warnings and low range turrets but are under attack, you may take the warning off and increase the range.
- Auto-turrets may not be used on platform saddles of any dinosaurs.
47 – You may not block off any cave that contains drops or artifacts. You may build in them, but the drops and artifacts must be accessible – this also means that you may not build close enough to them to block their spawn.
48 – You may not create walls using any mod, unless its sole purpose is to be used as a wall or for defense (for example, if a mod includes an item called a wall). You MAY NOT make a wall with trees from the eco mods.
Last but not least, it is sad that we must add this to the rules, but it seems circumstances require it: any player caught harassing or bullying another player on the server, or outside of the server but in relation to their presence on the server, will be permanently removed and barred from the current and any future whitelists