These rules are for ARK only and are in addition to TwitchRP General Rules.
Season Specific Rules
1 – ARK Hallow’s Eve mod – When you place the pumpkin you must disable the music it plays. You can do this by holding E while looking at it and on the wheel choosing ‘DISABLE MUSIC’
GENERAL ARK COMMUNITY RULES
1 – CHARACTER NAMES: If your character is a child, you must add “[c]” BEFORE your name, so that everyone who interacts with you immediately knows you are a child. This is the ONLY acceptable nametag identification allowed on TwitchRP. (See metagaming section below.) Even putting every model slider to the smallest settings results in a character who looks like a small adult; adding the “[c]” to your name helps other players interact with you appropriately and avoids needless misunderstandings.
DO NOT USE QUOTATION MARKS IN YOUR CHARACTER NAME! Admins are unable to change names with quotation marks in them; you will have to re-roll to be in compliance.
2 – Do not glitch any elements of the games or use exploits, including but not limited to:
- You cannot build a foundation or structure where a rider sits on any platform dinosaur saddles. The rider has to be realistically sitting on the saddle. However, you can build over the top of the rider.
3 – If you get any blueprints or items that are not meant to be in the game (for instance, if TwitchRP is in a primitive season, or has otherwise restricted engrams or item levels), please discard them. You can see what is permitted in your engram list.
4 – Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through the use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited. This includes:
- using radio tags to find tribe and character names,
- using your HUD on a structure of any kind,
- or using destruction logs to find out who has raided you. If you were raided and the evidence left is false (the raiders blamed someone else), you may not act on your tribe log information. You should follow the false trail and ask around for more information. DO NOT, under any circumstances, confront the raiders and suggest that “a little birdie” told you who really raided you, unless you have the RP proof to back that assertion up.
- You MAY NOT use your spyglass or naked eye to see a dinosaur or character’s name.
- You MAY obtain someone’s name from an implant on their body.
Please see TwitchRP General Rules for community builds.
5 – Using external communication in raids is prohibited. Use the in-game VOIP through the radio on a private channel.
6 – The main radio HUD should be considered voice, not text. If you are incapacitated (unconscious) then you should not use the radio, as your character is unable to talk
7 – Since the radio is “voice”:
- No emoticons or text-speak should be used.
- The radio should be used to facilitate RP (arranging a meet-up, checking if someone is awake, etc.), and NOT as your primary mode of RP. Please do not drown out everyone else with your radio play. Use a “private” channel or meet up in-game to talk
8 – You are not allowed to learn new character names or tribe names from the radio tags. (See metagaming section above.) You may only recognise characters on the radio if you’ve met them before or they say their name on the radio.
9 – Do not kill sleepers immediately after restarts; allow them at the very least five minutes to log in before resuming combat. (This only applies to restarts! You ARE allowed to kill sleepers during raids!)
10 – You may fight over drops, land grab scenarios, or dinosaur tames in a role-play manner. For example:
- If you arrive at a drop and someone is there, you can choose to challenge them on the drop. You must role-play the situation and make sure the other side understands that if you both fight over it someone may die.
- You may fight over land, but you must RP the challenge. Any time you destroy someone’s structure – be it an isolated foundation, stray sign or other structure – you must follow the rules of the RAIDING section below and leave a note in a bad box.
- When challenging over dinosaur tames, you must leave the dinosaur alone once it is knocked out. Hitting a dinosaur that is knocked out is against the rules.
11 – FLYERS IN PVP: When participating in RP-PVP actions, you cannot use a flyer to attack players on the ground, or to attack parachuting players. This includes picking them up and dropping them, spinning to win, or just general attacks. You can, however, attack people on other flyers. So, bird-to-bird combat in the air is acceptable. Additionally, a person on the ground can attack a person on a bird (shoot at them). A FLYER ON THE GROUND IS STILL A FLYER.
- All weapons mounted on flyer platforms are considered part of the flyer and therefore may not be used on ground targets. You must follow the flyers-in-PVP rule.
12 – TURRETS: Auto-turrets may not be used on platform saddles of any dinosaurs; however, plant turrets may be used on platform dinosaurs. Each tribe is allowed a MAXIMUM of 20 plant turrets overall (bases, dinos, etc.).
13 – You are permitted to kill another player’s creatures ONLY under the occurrence of RP in which the owner is actively involved, or in self-defense. You are NEVER to kill another player’s creatures for other reasons, especially if they’re in a base or otherwise private or protected area and set to passive.
- If you store things on passive dinosaurs, they are still subject to being tranqed out and the items being stolen.
- Riding a passive animal to a RP-PVP battle is at your own risk and it may be killed.
NEW LIFE RULE
– Please see TwitchRP General Rules for new life rules.
14 – Dropping or kiting wild dinosaurs onto player bases or dinosaurs is not allowed.
15 – During an assault on a settlement, compound, or any other form of “base,” you are allowed to:
- make only one new entrance (which is also your exit).
- destroy only so much that is needed to plunder. You may not drop stolen goods on the floor to despawn; this is considered griefing. If you destroy containers and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby containers.
- You are not allowed to destroy the entire base or cause massive destruction to it.
16 – You are not allowed to use rocket launchers for RP-PVP or raiding on TwitchRP. While they are cheaper than C4, they create excess damage to structures.
- Rocket launchers may be used against rock golems and mech suits in RP-PVP.
17 – RAID NOTES: During an offline raid on someone’s home, you must leave a note for the owner to find. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint as to the real culprit. There should be no doubt from the recipient.
- You are to leave your note in a bad box. Bad box’s can be placed anywhere, you are to place your bad box containing the raid note in a visible area near the raided building.
If you were witnessed (i.e. chased off or caught) by a third party, you ARE STILL REQUIRED to leave a note.
Your note must lead to some form of RP for the victim. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor note, or you’ve simply blamed someone random, the admin team reserves the right to deem your raid as a rule break.
Be aware that continuous raiding could lead to harassment. Be respectful of your fellow player and the time they put into the game. Role-play should always be a priority.
DINO & TRIBE LIMITS
18 – Your tribe, no matter its size, is allowed 60 dinosaurs.
- Each PLAYER is allowed ONE wyvern, whether in a tribe or solo.
- Each TRIBE may have up to TWO rafts. Be aware that the game counts rafts as dinosaurs, so they will count towards your 60-dinosaur limit! No more abandoning rafts when you’re done with them!
- Unclaiming dinos for the purpose of circumventing the dino limit is against the rules. (Unclaiming to claim later).
Breeders should take special care to make sure they stay within the limits, as there are no breeding exceptions. If you are at the limit and a baby is born, the game will not allow you to claim it and it will die!
19 – Your tribe is allowed one “main” base and one smaller, separate location (for example, a main RP base, and a smaller, secure build for PVP). If an admin feels your build is too big, expect a request to downsize. (See “Base Building and Defense”)
BASE BUILDING & DEFENSE
Though the mods we select for TwitchRP have low-poly counts, every single item placed on the server contributes to lag. To keep TRP running smoothly, please be aware of how much you are placing and building – a little can go a long way!
20 – FOUNDATIONS: Empty foundations (whether spammed in an area, single foundations placed randomly, or several foundations together with no progress made on the build) will be removed by admins after 72 hours from the start of a season. Empty rafts and abandoned dinghies will also be removed. Admins will continue to remove these foundations and rafts without notice as the season progresses.
21 – Auto Turrets must be set to ‘LOW’ if used outside. The warning must be set to 4 seconds.
- Plant X should be kept within a reasonable amount per admin discretion.
- Auto-turrets may not be used on platform saddles of any dinosaurs.
WYVERNS MUST HAVE TURRET MODE DISABLED! Additionally, they should NEVER be left on aggressive.
22 – You may not block off any cave that contains drops or artifacts. You may build in them, but the drops and artifacts must be accessible – this also means that you may not build close enough to them to block their spawn.
23 – You may not create walls using any mod unless its sole purpose is to be used as a wall or for defense (for example, if a mod includes an item called a wall). You MAY NOT make a wall with trees from the eco mods.