These rules are for ATLAS only and are in addition to TwitchRP General Rules.
GENERAL ATLAS COMMUNITY RULES
1 – CHARACTER NAMES: If your character is a child, you must add “[c]” BEFORE your name, so that everyone who interacts with you immediately knows you are a child. This is the ONLY acceptable nametag identification allowed on TwitchRP. (See metagaming section below.) Even putting every model slider to the smallest settings results in a character who looks like a small adult; adding the “[c]” to your name helps other players interact with you appropriately and avoids needless misunderstandings.
DO NOT USE QUOTATION MARKS IN YOUR CHARACTER NAME! Admins are unable to change names with quotation marks in them; you will have to re-roll to be in compliance.
2 – Do not glitch any elements of the games or use exploits.
3 – NPC Crews
- NPC crew weaponry restrictions on ships
- 1 NPCs a side for a schooner
- 2 NPCs a side for the Brigantine.
- 5 NPCs a side for the Galleon
You can have any amount of NPCs on your sails.
4 – Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through the use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited. This includes:
- using chat tags to find tribe and character names,
- using your HUD on a structure of any kind,
- or using destruction logs to find out who has raided you. If you were raided and the evidence left is false (the raiders blamed someone else), you may not act on your tribe log information. You should follow the false trail and ask around for more information. DO NOT, under any circumstances, confront the raiders and suggest that “a little birdie” told you who really raided you, unless you have the RP proof to back that assertion up.
- You MAY NOT use your spyglass or naked eye to see a creature or character’s name.
- You MAY use the name on the back of a ship to identify it.
Please see TwitchRP General Rules for community builds.
5 – Using external communication in raids is prohibited.
6 – You cannot use the global, company, local or alliance chats.
7 – Sea Initiation – Yar, th’sea’s be dangerous. Piracy is always a risk when flying in the open seas. You should make every effort to hail the enemy ship, hold “Delete” to yell down the enemy ships – the range is huge. If this is ineffective, fire a warning shot. Please note that raising sails should be considered an offer of parley or surrender and you should make every effort to attempt to RP out the exchange.
8 – Do not kill sleepers immediately after restarts; allow them at the very least five minutes to log in before resuming combat. (This only applies to restarts! You ARE allowed to kill sleepers during raids!)
9 – You may fight over treasure, land grab scenarios, or tames in a role-play manner. For example:
- If you arrive at treasure and someone is there, you can choose to challenge them on the drop. You must role-play the situation and make sure the other side understands that if you both fight over it someone may die.
- Claim flags that have no buildings or structures are able to be contested without RP interaction.
- If no players are present. Contesting notifications CAN be used IC, treat them as an alarm of some sort.
- Any Claim Flags with structures – be it an isolated foundation, or stray sign – you must follow the rules of the RAIDING section below and leave a note. You may not stone age someone.
- The build rule only applies to pre-established buildings before the claim has begun. Meaning you cannot start building after you have been contested. – A building is defined as an operational base or building. Not placeholders.
10 – You cannot sink another players ship, if unmanned, without RP initiation. Normal raid rules apply if offline raiding an enemy combatants ship. If you are attempting to prevent a player from pursuing you after a raid – destroy the ships sails and render it immobile.
11 – FLYERS IN PVP: When participating in RP-PVP actions, you cannot use a flyer to attack players on the ground, or to attack parachuting players. This includes picking them up and dropping them, spinning to win, or just general attacks. You can, however, attack people on other flyers. So, bird-to-bird combat in the air is acceptable. Additionally, a person on the ground can attack a person on a bird (shoot at them). A FLYER ON THE GROUND IS STILL A FLYER.
- All weapons mounted on flyer platforms are considered part of the flyer and therefore may not be used on ground targets. You must follow the flyers-in-PVP rule.
12 – TURRETS: Auto-turrets may not be used on platform saddles of any tames.
13 – You are NEVER to kill another player’s tame, that is already claimed by game mechanics. You MAY fight over ones that aren’t yet claimed.
- Riding a passive animal to a RP-PVP battle is at your own risk and it may be killed.
SAVAGE SEA ZONES B1, B4, C4
Expect large land claims and contestation in the PvP Zone.
14 – Sea initiation requirements suspended – the seas are dangerous.
15 – Ground initiation can be done simply by warning shots, fire a warning shot, wait five seconds and then pvp is initiated. (You can only warning shot with guns, all other forms of weaponry must be verbally initiated. Use “Delete”).
16 – Flag contesting with buildings is allowed as long as the the defender is given the opportunity to defend (They’re online). If your land is taken with buildings on it – you will lose your buildings either to decay or destruction.
17 – Every opportunity should be made to RP during the conflict – speak, shout and do battlecries. Don’t stay silent and simply shoot at people. It IS an RP Server.
18 – Do not sink docked ships if they’re offline – they are fair game in an active pvp scenario however.
NEW LIFE RULE
If you die you cannot remember anything leading up to your death (Who or what happened for at least 15 minutes) unless respawning in ship to ship combat (See rules)
Ship to Ship – Any ship to ship combat allows respawning in beds on the ship and ability to rejoin the scenario. This is necessary due to the way ship pvp was crafted by the developer – destruction of the beds is a key factor in ship combat.
Ship to Base – Any ship attacking a land based dwelling or attacker is subject to normal PvP rules. Once dead you must not rejoin the active combat scenario.
Land based Combat – You must not return to the combat scenario after dying. Even if the scenario has ended, you must wait 15 minutes to return to the scene. – If your bed is in the area of the RP scenario please spawn away or wait the 15 minutes before re-spawning there.
19 – Dropping or kiting wild animals onto player bases or animals is not allowed.
20 – During an assault on a settlement, compound, or any other form of “base,” you are allowed to:
- make only one new entrance (which is also your exit).
- destroy only so much that is needed to plunder. You may not drop stolen goods on the floor to despawn; this is considered griefing. If you destroy containers and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby containers.
- You are not allowed to destroy the entire base or cause massive destruction to it.
21 – RAID NOTES: During an offline raid on someone’s home, you must leave a note for the owner to find. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint as to the real culprit. There should be no doubt from the recipient.
- You are to leave your note on the person’s claim flag.
If you were witnessed (i.e. chased off or caught) by a third party, you ARE STILL REQUIRED to leave a note.
Your note must lead to some form of RP for the victim. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor note, or you’ve simply blamed someone random, the admin team reserves the right to deem your raid as a rule break.
Be aware that continuous raiding could lead to harassment. Be respectful of your fellow player and the time they put into the game. Role-play should always be a priority.
TAMES & TRIBE LIMITS
22 – Your tribe, no matter its size, is allowed – tames.
- Each PLAYER is allowed ONE dragon, whether in a tribe or solo.
- Unclaiming tames for the purpose of circumventing the tame limit is against the rules. (Unclaiming to claim later).
Breeders should take special care to make sure they stay within the limits, as there are no breeding exceptions. If you are at the limit and a baby is born, the game will not allow you to claim it and it will die!
BASE BUILDING & DEFENSE
Though the mods we select for TwitchRP have low-poly counts, every single item placed on the server contributes to lag. To keep TRP running smoothly, please be aware of how much you are placing and building – a little can go a long way!
23 – NPC’s or Auto Turrets must be set to ‘LOW’ if used outside. The warning must be set to 4 seconds.
- Auto-turrets may not be used on platform saddles of any tames.
DRAGONS MUST HAVE TURRET MODE DISABLED! Additionally, they should NEVER be left on aggressive.
24 – You may not block off any caves or discoveries. – this also means that you may not build close enough to them to block any spawns.
25 – You may not create walls using any mod unless its sole purpose is to be used as a wall or for defense (for example, if a mod includes an item called a wall). You MAY NOT make a wall with trees from the eco mods.
26 – Don’t build bases around the freeport – get a raft and move elsewhere. This area is highly congested and we want it to be a touchdown point.
The admins have the final say in any situation, and all rules are subject to change. When the admins review a situation, more than one opinion is used.