Dark and Light Rules
DARK AND LIGHT-SPECIFIC RULES
These rules are for Dark and Light only and are in addition to TwitchRP General Rules.
GENERAL DARK AND LIGHT COMMUNITY RULES
1 – CHARACTER NAMES: If your character is a child, you must add “[c]” BEFORE your name, so that everyone who interacts with you immediately knows you are a child. This is the ONLY acceptable nametag identification allowed on TwitchRP. (See metagaming section below.) Even putting every model slider to the smallest settings results in a character who looks like a small adult; adding the “[c]” to your name helps other players interact with you appropriately and avoids needless misunderstandings.
DO NOT USE QUOTATION MARKS IN YOUR CHARACTER NAME! Admins are unable to change names with quotation marks in them; you will have to re-roll to be in compliance.
2 – Do not glitch any elements of the games or use exploits, including but not limited to:
- Transporting material while someone is sitting on your mount to negate the carry weight.
3 – If you get any items that are not meant to be in the game (for instance, if TwitchRP has restricted schemas or item levels), please discard them. You can see what is permitted in your engram list.
4 – Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited. This includes:
- using chat tags to find house and character names,
- using your HUD on a structure of any kind,
- or using destruction logs to find out who has raided you. If you were raided and the evidence left is false (the raiders blamed someone else), you may not act on your house log information. You should follow the false trail and ask around for more information. DO NOT, under any circumstances, confront the raiders and suggest that “a little birdie” told you who really raided you, unless you have the RP proof to back that assertion up.
- You MAY NOT use any device or naked eye to see a creature or character’s name.
5 – ALT CHARACTERS: If you have a second character, your characters must have completely separate lives in different tribes. You may not have both characters logged into the server at the same time; this gives you an unfair advantage, and takes up a player slot during busy times.
- Please see TwitchRP General Rules.
9 – Using external communication in raids is prohibited. In-game VOIP allows everyone to hear you, and is realistic; exercise caution when making your battle plans!
10 – Dark and Light is a world of magic, your chat is actually a system of Telepathically Altered Ley Keystones (TALK), and should be considered voice, not text. If someone is typing next to you on TALK, and they are in disguise, but you have met them before, you can recognize their voice. (If they stay silent, of course, then you don’t recognize them if their face is hidden.) If you are incapacitated (unconscious), you should not use TALK, as your character is unable to speak.
11 – Treat TALK as realistically as possible.
- No emoticons or text-speak should be used, and unless you have met someone previously, you do not know the name and house of the people chatting.
- Additionally, TALK should be used to facilitate RP (arranging a meet-up, checking if someone is awake, etc.), and NOT as your primary mode of RP; your story should not play out over TALK, which can drown out everyone else, but rather should play out in person.
12 – You are not allowed to learn character names or house names from TALK, because it is voice. (See metagaming section above.) Certainly, if you’ve met a character before, you would recognize their voice. But if you’ve never interacted with a character, unless they specifically state their name or their house’s name, all you know is their voice. When you finally meet, it is absolutely within RP to say, “Oh, you’re [Character Name]! I’ve heard you on TALK!”
13 – You may not use a recall spell in the middle of combat; this is considered combat logging.
14 – Do not kill sleepers immediately after restarts; allow them at the very least five minutes to log in before resuming combat. (This only applies to restarts! You ARE allowed to kill sleepers during raids!)
15 – You may fight over drops, land grab scenarios, or creature tames in a role-play manner. For example:
- If you arrive at a drop and someone is there, you can choose to challenge them on the drop. You must role-play the situation and make sure the other side understands that if you both fight over it someone may die.
- You may fight over land, but you must RP the challenge. Any time you destroy someone’s structure, you must follow the rules of a raid.(See section on raiding below.)
- When challenging over creature tames, you must leave the creature alone once it is knocked out. Hitting a creature that is knocked out is against the rules.
- Do not tamper with feeding troughs next to an in-progress tame.
16 – FLYERS IN PVP: When participating in RP-PVP actions, you cannot use a flyer to attack players on the ground, or to attack parachuting players. This includes picking them up and dropping them, spinning to win, or just general attacks. You can, however, attack people on other flyers. So, bird-to-bird combat in the air is acceptable. Additionally, a person on the ground can attack a person on a bird (shoot at them). A FLYER ON THE GROUND IS STILL A FLYER.
17 – SPELL TOWERS: You should use your best judgment when placing spell towers; do not use them if you live in a heavily trafficked area. If the admins feel that you have too many spell towers, or you have placed them in such a way that player freedom and RP is restricted, you may be asked to remove them.
18 – You are permitted to kill another player’s creatures ONLY under the occurrence of RP in which the owner is actively involved, or in self-defense. You are NEVER to kill another player’s creatures for other reasons, especially if they’re in a base or otherwise private or protected area and set to passive.
- If you store things on passive creatures, they are still subject to being tranqed out and the items being stolen.
- Taking part in a battle or RP-PVP and parking your mount slightly away from where the fight takes place does not mean that creature is safe. You still rode it or used it to get to the battle’s location. There is still a possibility that it could be killed, passive or not.
NEW LIFE RULE
19 – Upon death, you are not allowed to visit the area containing your body for the next 15 minutes. There must be NO doubt here from other players. Any loot you may have dropped is now forfeit, up for grabs by anyone. Do not go back for it. Your home, however, stays in your possession. If you die in the vicinity of your home, respawn at the beach. You have no memory of your killer, or any event leading up to your death.
If you are accidentally killed in a PVE situation, you may (or may not) be invited back to the RP by the people involved. They may (or may not) return the items found on your body at that time. Do not presume you are invited back; wait for the invitation.
20 – In any PVP scenario, whether a skirmish or a full-out war, you are not allowed to respawn and return to the fight until the immediate conflict is resolved. Returning to the battle is unrealistic, and both sides continually respawning means the fight would only end when players get tired, and not when one side gets the better of another.
Dark and Light is a new game, and as such, we will be monitoring raiding very closely! If we feel a raid was griefing, we will be very strict!
21 – Dropping or kiting wild creatures onto player bases or tames is not allowed.
22 – During an assault on a settlement, compound, or any other form of “base,” you are allowed to:
- make only one new entrance (which is also your exit).
- destroy only so much that is needed to plunder. You may not drop stolen goods on the floor to despawn; this is considered griefing. If you destroy containers, and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby containers.
- You are not allowed to destroy the entire base, or cause massive destruction to it.
23 – You are not allowed to use magic walls to break any structures, or to gain entry into a building.
24 – RAID SIGN OR WAR FLAG: During an offline raid on someone’s home, you must leave a note for the owner to find. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint as to the real culprit. There should be no doubt from the recipient. Leave it as close to the front door as possible.
If you were witnessed (i.e. chased off or caught) by a third party, you ARE STILL REQUIRED to leave a note.
Your sign must lead to some form of RP for the victim. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor sign, or you’ve simply blamed someone random, the admin team reserves the right to deem your raid as a rule break.
Be aware that continuous raiding could lead to harassment. Be respectful of your fellow player and the time they put into the game. Role-play should always be a priority.
BASE BUILDING & DEFENSE
25 – Your tribe is allowed one “main” base and one smaller, separate location (for example, a main RP base, and a smaller, secure build for PVP). If an admin feels your build is too big, expect a request to downsize.
26 – FOUNDATIONS: Empty foundations (whether spammed in an area, single foundations placed randomly, or several foundations together with no progress made on the build) will be removed by admins after 72 hours from the start of a season. Empty rafts and abandoned dinghies will also be removed. Admins will continue to remove these foundations and rafts without notice as the season progresses.
27 – You may not block off any cave that contains drops. You may build in them, but the drops must be accessible – this also means that you may not build close enough to them to block their spawn.