Getting Started On REDM RP
UPDATED AS Of 03/10/2021
Welcome to the TRP RedMRP server! Please take a moment to look at the guide, if you have any questions feel free to ask in our Discord via the #rdr-support channel! We have an active Development team who release new content consistently and communicates directly to the community via the Discord channels listed below.
Be sure to read the #announcements, and #rdrpatchnotes sections on the Discord to stay up to date, have a great time!
First and foremost you must apply to be able to join our RedM server, click the “Apply.” button at the top the website to begin the process. During the waiting period you must familiarize yourself with our ruleset as all servers use varied guidelines for RedM Roleplay.
Once accepted make sure you are in the Discord to receive your role, if you did not receive it from the bot then please post your Steam 64ID in the Steam ID channel.
The server IP is located in #GTA-WELCOME on the Discord, you may find it hidden under a spoiler tag and it will appear as a black bar.
Creating Your First Character
Before entering the server, you will be given the option to select a character or create a new one. Players can create up to 10 characters. Selecting Create New will prompt you to choose a first and last name before continuing. You can change your name at City Hall in Saint Denis.
After naming your character, you can select their name in your load-in menu and join the server. This may take a few minutes, just relax until you’re fully loaded in. Once loaded into the creator, press the left or right arrow to select the figure you prefer. Note: this selection will affect which clothing options you have to choose from before entering the server.
Follow on-screen directions to make changes to your appearance including height, physique, facial features, and hair.Make sure to select an outfit in the clothing section before completing your character. Clothing can be purchased later at tailor shops for a fee.
When you’re happy with your appearance, select Complete. You will be spawned into St Denis with $100 in your wallet. Don’t spend it all in one place!
Keybinds & Chat Commands
TIP: All key binds are all rebindable in Settings > Key Bindings > FiveM
- B - Open Inventory
- N – Push to talk (edit push to talk setting in-game to change)
- T - Open chat-box to use chat commands (/me, /report)
- L -Player Menu (Identity, Give Money, Skills, Horse, Ask Open Satchel). Backspace to close
- J - Open emote menu
- L Alt / Mouse Scroll Click- Adjust VOIP Levels (Whisper, Normal, Yelling)
- M -Map
- F9 - Housing Menu (Unlock, Lock, Furniture)
- U - Point
- Q - Take cover
- Z - Rag doll
- i - Chair/bench/bed interaction list (Walk up to a chair and press i for list of possible interactions . Use i menu again when ready to end scenario.
- G - Pet Horse
- H - Whistle for Horse
- Ctrl - Slow down horse
- Ctrl + S - Back horse up
- Shift - Sprint / horse speed up
- /me [action] - indicates in-character action; displayed over character’s head. EXAMPLE: /me tips hat
- /scenes – leave scene clue or poster*. Follow UI (Distance indicates how far away the clue will be visible to players.) Also used to delete scenes (Use targeting bubble to hover over the scene you want to delete until “Delete” prompt displays)
- To place a poster:
- Submit artwork in an #poster-request. Max size: 565x800px File Type: .png
- You’ll be provided with an image name to use once the image is implemented (usually by next server restart
- To place a poster:
- /hijack - Toggles hijack on/off
- On to hijack other players horse/vehicle (by default on login)
- Off to ride with other players without attacking and stealing their horse/carriage
- /emotes – List emotes.
- /e [emote name] – Initiate emote. EXAMPLE: /e sitground1
- /e c – Cancel current emote.
- /e handsup – raise hands above head.
- /sentence – checks time left on jail sentence.
- /hud – Toggle hud.
- F8 “hud” – turn hud back on.
- /reticle – Toggles reticle on/off. On to have reticle show when you aim. Off to have reticle only show for animals and NPCs. Toggle setting will be saved to your RedM client cache, clearing cache will reset setting.
- /bug – Opens up in-game bug report system
- /players – Brings up player ID for 5 seconds above their head and yours. This can help in filing support tickets.
- /dice [number of dice you want to roll] – Random dice roll appears above your character (this is until we can implement a gambling mechanic)
- /mu – an accessibility tool to represent character speech
- – /mu w – text presents a text box above the character labeled as whisper
- – /mu s – say
- – /mu t – talk
- – /mu sh – shout
- – /mu y – yell
- /clearinteraction – ends whatever interaction or emote you are doing.
- /move [value] (between 0.2 to 1.15) – Sets walking speed
- /move clear – resets walking speed back to normal
- /scene will bring up the context menu seen to your left. It will ask for the scene name, the color you wish for it to display as, the distance you'd see it from and the time it should last.A circle will appear which moves with your mouse that allows you to place the scene on the nearest surface. Seen below:
Learning The HUD
The [L] menu allows you to undertake most basic character functions.
On the left you can see the [J] Emote Menu you can see the radial dial where you can access the emote options.
On the right we have the status indicators; the heart indicates health, the bolt indicating stamina, the fork indicating hunger, the water droplet indicating thirst, the bolt with a horse shoe indicating horse stamina, heart with horse shoe indicating horse health and the microphone indicating microphone volume.
When you open the Inventory [B] you can right click items to give an item to another player or drop on the ground.
Getting Your First Job
You can pick from a number of activities to engage in to make your way out on the frontier. Have a look below for some of our options!
Are you an expert marksman? You can hunt game and sell it to a butcher to make your living.
- Skin your kills and sell the meat at a butcher (marked on map).
- Use meat in cooking recipes.
- Improve your skinning skill for increased returns.
Please note that the butcher only allows you to sell them cuts of meat. Selling pelts will be an option in a future update.
- Hunting Knife
- Firearm and Ammo or Bow and Arrows
- Grab a pole and bait at the bait and tackle shop (marked on map), then head to your favorite fishin’ hole.
- Note that the type/quality of your bait will affect the size/difficulty of your catch.
- Once you get a bite, aim your rod toward the hooked fish until it stops splashing.
- Make sure that the fish is calm before you try to reel it in.
- Flawless technique is vital! Hire an expert if you need a lesson.
- Sell your catch back to the bait and tackle shop or utilize your cooking skill to craft a meal.
- Fishing Rod
- Bait or lure
Equip Rod: Right-click rod in inventory and select “equip”. Hold tab to open equipment radial, R to switch to items, and select pole.
Equip Bait: While the rod is equipped and in hand, hit B, right-click the bait in inventory and select “use”.
Casting: Right-click to ready the rod, left-click to cast.
- Gather ingredients to craft meals to eat or sell.
- Increase your cooking skill to unlock additional recipes.
- Private Cooking Stations are available in kitchens at purchasable properties/businesses.
- Public Cooking Stations are marked on the map with a campfire icon.
- See Cooking Stations for recipes.
- Purchase a gold-panning pan from General Stores.
- Use it while standing in water.
- Blacksmiths can use the gold you gather to craft ingots and bars.
- Higher skill level will increase returns.
- Gold Pan
- Purchase a pickaxe and buy/sell ore/ingot at Miner’s Tools outside Tumbleweed.
- Mines are marked on the map.
- Novice miners can gather Iron in the mines.
- Increase mining skill to unlock additional ores available to gather.
- Novice blacksmiths can craft iron ingot from iron ore.
- Gain blacksmithing experience to unlock additional recipes like metal ingots and bars; brass casings, shotgun slugs, and buckshot.
- Metal bars and ingots can be sold at Miner’s Tools and used in crafting.
- See forge for recipes.
- Forges can be found outside most stables.
If you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, you can hunt down bounties placed by your fellow frontiers-folk and local law enforcement.
- Bounties are chosen at bulletin boards outside Sheriff’s Stations as marked on the map.
- You can choose between NPC bounties and Civilian bounties.
- If you are attacked and rendered unconscious by another civilian, you can place a bounty on your attacker by visiting a bounty board.
- If you have a bounty on your head, you will be unable to access the bounty board.
- Bounties should be claimed either to the Sheriff directly, or to the bounty board in the jurisdiction from which you took the bounty.
Read more in depth about bounty hunting, the justice system, and federal laws in Frontier Justice.
- To send a new telegram, select a recipient from your Mail Directory, or add a new listing. Then select “Send Telegram”
- To add a new listing, be sure you have the recipient’s PO box (found on their ID).
- Open the Post Office Menu at the mail clerk.
- Select Post Office > Mail Directory > Add
- Type “PO 12345” (use recipient’s PO number).
- To read incoming telegrams select Post Office > Telegrams
- Telegram body displays at the bottom of the Telegrams Menu
- Replies can be sent directly to sender by pressing Enter
Horses are persistent and have bonding, so taking good care of your horse is a must if you plan to travel the long roads on your lonesome.
Your horse will only come to you if you whistle while in range of it. If you want a different horse, put your current horse up in a stable and bring out a different horse while there! Additionally, if you do not put your horse in a stable, it will remain out, even after you log off.
There are three train systems that traverse the map: Eastern (red), Central Union (blue), and Southwestern (green) as shown above.
Train stations are marked as big circles on the train tracks on the map as shown below.
You can press E to board the train and to find a seat. Press F to get out of your seat.
You can also hop on the train by foot jumping on and from your mount.
You can hop on the St. Denis trolley and give your feet a rest while you travel through the city.
- Press E when near the Trolley to board it. You can find a seat and press E to sit down. Press F to leave your seat.
You can hire a carriage with a driver at most stables (see wheel icon on the map). Follow the prompts on screen to set your destination and speed at which you want your driver to go and you’ll be on your way!
A variety of carriages are available for purchase and rental at many stables across the map. These are indicated with a wagon wheel icon. Small boats are also available at launches marked with canoe icons.
- Storage can be accessed via the L menu once your boat or carriage is taken out of storage.
- To access another person’s storage, hit L, “Ask to Open Conveyance Storage.”
- The vehicle’s owner will be prompted to accept or deny your request.
- Rentals remain accessible as long as you’re connected to the server.
- Note that not all types of carriages/boast are available at all locations currently.
The Horse Menu is accessed by pressing “L” on your keyboard and arrowing down to “Horse”.
From there you can add or remove things from the horse’s satchel, save and put on outfits, and set your horse as your main horse.
You can only use this menu if your horse is out and nearby.
Selecting And Fitting Your Horse
- In order to get your horse fitted with a saddle and other tack, you need to select it as your main horse first by doing the above.
- You can get your horse kitted out at any stable (Horseshoe icon).
You can purchase various items at the general store to help keep your horse happy, healthy, and stunning. You can access the items and use them from your satchel (pressing B on your keyboard).
- Horse brush – Use this to brush your horse and remove dirt, mud, blood, etc.
- Hay – Increases bonding
- Sugar Cube – Increases bonding
- Peppermint – Increases bonding
- Horse Cream – Increases bonding
- Horse Injection – Increases bonding
- Buy, rent, and sell (owned) horses (can only sell back horse to the stable it was purchased)
- Purchase saddles, saddlebags, stirrups, saddle horns, blankets, and bedrolls
- Purchase horse accessories like masks and bridals
- Edit Horse manes and tails
- In order to get your horse fitted with a saddle and tack, you need to have your horse out and standing in the stable. You need to select it as your main horse first as explained above in Horse Menu.
- Feeding peppermint, hay, and sugar cube
- Applying horse cream
- Using horse injection
Many jobs require you to submit an in-character application.
We have a vast judicial system (As vast as you can get for the frontier) in which you can get the role of a assistant attorney general to a full fledged Marshal, there are many layers and jobs available in this field.
United States Marshal
New Austin Ranger
Assistant Attorney General
Sheriffs and Elections
Sheriffs are elected by the constituency of the location they decide to run in. Every character must select which jurisdiction they wish to register to vote at any telegram office. You can find more information on how to register for Sheriff elections by watching announcement channels, each position rotates once a month.
There are many properties available for purchase across the map. They are marked on your map (Click M to view), once purchased you have the ability to give and use keys to the premises.
More sought after locations are done by filling out a business request here.
Overtime you can accrued more skills by doing specific activities to gain XP in order to level up and unlock more abilities within the corresponding skills.
There are a few illegal activities to take part in such as grave robbing and PvP crime including robbery. There are more to come.
We won't ruin too much for you, get on the server and connect with the right people and dive straight into the criminal life on the Frontier.