Read all of the rules carefully. Claiming ignorance of these rules is not allowed and will result in at least a 24-hour ban.
1 – Be respectful of others in the community; personal insults or verbal attacks outside of role-play (RP) are strictly prohibited!
2 – RP that violates the Twitch Terms of Service (ToS) and Rules of Conduct (RoC) is strictly prohibited:
3 – Any player caught harassing or bullying another player on the server, or outside of the server but in relation to their presence on the server, will be permanently removed and barred from the current and any future whitelists.
4 – Your first action in any disagreement should always be to try to RP it out. If that doesn’t work and you have a problem with another player, handle it privately, rather than having an open argument on the radio/in chat in the game or in a public forum like Discord or Twitch. If the player has broken a rule, file a report.
5 – Speaking poorly of others on streams, in chats, or elsewhere will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, submit a report. You are representing TwitchRP when you’re on our servers.
6 – Do not message admins directly for general questions. We have a FAQ and a Help Center for reference also Discord channels (ie: #fan-general) where you can ask for assistance. You MAY message admins for issues you’d like kept private like giving personal info (email) or queries of a possible rule break where you worry the other party may see it in a general channel and attack you. To keep your anonymity you may then DM an admin for help.
7 – If an admin contacts you to discuss a timeout, the ban will not be lifted (regardless of its initial duration) until you have spoken to the admin. If an admin contacts you to discuss a rule break and you do not acknowledge the message with a response, you may be timed out until you do so.
8 – When you applied to TwitchRP, you signed up with Discord as part of the process. It’s required that you edit your nickname on the TwitchRP Discord server to “Steam Name You Applied With (Current Character Name)” so that it’s easier for people to contact you. Additionally, this will allow admins to find you quickly in the event a report is filed against you. If the admins are unable to contact you, we will have no other recourse than to take appropriate actions against you, as we will only have one side of the story. If your Steam name is the same as your character name, you must still follow this rule.
9 – You must stay in character at all times on TwitchRP servers. This means no going out-of-character (OOC) on the radio/in-game chats, as well. Message people on Steam, Discord, or other methods if you need to, but keep it all in-character (IC) when playing on TwitchRP.
10 – DO NOT broadcast music to the server using the internal VOIP unless agreed upon by all present parties.
1 – Respect others at all times. Racism, hate speech, rape, and sexual harassment are not allowed.
2 – NO ERP on the server.
3 – Do not grief others. Griefing is the act of intentionally angering or irritating another player with malicious intent. Example: Consistently stalking a player to force RP.
4 – AGE REQUIREMENT: TwitchRP uses ESRB ratings as a guide to age requirements for our servers. For GTA, you must be 18 years old.
5 – No PD baiting. Value for your life/freedom and strive to not get caught in a crime. Jail/ Fines are not to be treated lightly.
6 – Do not glitch any elements of the game or use exploits.
7 – Snipers and/or revolvers are only allowed to be used on vehicles.
8 – Vehicle repairs are not to be used from inside a car during any chase by either party, criminal or PD. You must be clear of any situation before starting repairs unless standing outside the vehicle.
9 –You must never go into a apartment to avoid consequences or advertise “loitering parties.” There is zero tolerance for wasting server slots and looking to circumvent server rules.
10 – PD Rules: These rules will be given to you when you are accepted to the PD role and they are to be treated as official server rules.
11 – You cannot use animal peds on the server. Your clothing can only be changed at the clothing store.
12 – SERVER RESTARTS/CRASHES: You may not use a server restart or crash to gain advantage:
- You may not use a server restart or crash to escape an RP situation you were in before the restart/crash. You must wait for the other players to reconnect, and then continue the RP.
13 – MICROPHONES AND CHAT: A microphone is required to play on TwitchRP. If your mic breaks, find a reason your character is suddenly mute (a sore throat is a good reason to not log in!) and exit the situation as gracefully as you can.
14 – External communication – The moment you begin active RP, you MUST mute or close your external VOIP connection.
Metagaming is the use of out-of-character (OOC) knowledge someone would have no in-character (IC) knowledge of. Stream sniping occurs when you have a player’s stream open and use the information you see there (whether to find, harass, spy on them, or otherwise interact).
15 – Stream sniping/stalking and metagaming IS NOT TOLERATED. Do not act on information obtained through any means other than direct RP:
- You must keep the information you have learned via watching streams and reading discussions separate from your character’s knowledge.
- You may not use in-game automated notifications (death messages and tribe/clan logs, etc.).
16 – TERMINOLOGY: You may not skirt the OOC rule by saying things like:
- in GTA: that you have a bodycam (your stream), that you will go to City Hall or the FiB, as in “I will report this to the FiB/City Hall,” or “I’ve talked to someone at City Hall and they said I can do this,” etc.
- in any games: referring to “the land of Discordia” or any other names for Discord, referring to the gods constantly, as in “the gods made him to go sleep permanently” when referring to a banned player, or “the gods can hear us,” etc.
This ruins immersion for everyone present and for viewers. If you need to say something to someone OOC, DM the person – don’t interrupt the RP. If someone else goes OOC, do not further compound the immersion break by going OOC yourself to tell them off or try to help them out. Just report the rule break and move on.
17 – RULESPLAINING – Do not explain the rules in character. “You’re not really valuing your life right now”, “I have a gun to your head, ahahahaha. This guy.”. There are better ways to handle this, “I’m gonna shoot you in the head if you keep moving”. Report people who break rules and people who don’t value their life – shoot them, then report them. Do not ruin your RP experience for people who break the rules – admins will sort them out.
VALUE OF LIFE
18 – You must value your life and the lives of others. For example, do not attempt to draw a weapon while being held at gunpoint or carelessly injure NPCs. You may not run at someone with a melee weapon if at gunpoint – you may only defend yourself at a realistic distance.
- You must value your life and the lives of others (not at the detriment of your own).
- If you have a gun to your head and you run away – this is a serious violation of this rule.
- You must comply to reasonable demands if your life is under threat – by weapons or numbers.
- There is a value of freedom – once physically attacked you have the right to defend yourself or run for safety.
- Furthermore, value of freedom should be considered when fleeing from robberies, however there is a reasonable point where value of life trumps value of freedom. IE. Multiple officers with guns pointed on you and positioned around a car you are trying to steal, if you drive away and don’t surrender. You are not valuing your life.
Powergaming is the process of gaining an advantage in a RP scenario, either by using in-game mechanics or RP, to give the other players involved no opportunity to interact or defend themselves. It gives the other people involved in RP no option but to lose.
19 – Powergaming of any form is prohibited.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Force Mutilation/Dismemberment – You must handshake any action that ends in dismemberment or grotesque mutilation. This can be done through /me attempts to sever their finger slowly or through a DM to the individual (Which is preferred). The individual must respond with an objection – it is their choice whether or not they consent or RP the consequences at a later date.
- Calling Shots – Do not call shots on a player, if you say you shot someone in the head that is attempted murder and the consequences are extremely severe even if in self defense. It shows intent to kill.
- Constantly speaking over players and not allowing them to speak or defend themselves.
- Robbing Players without giving them an opportunity to speak or defend themselves.
- Putting someone in a position and not allowing them to have a way out.
- Using a hostage to power game through game content. Heists/Robberies.
20 – RDM (Random Death Match) is never allowed. Conflict must be initiated either verbally, through texts, or ads.
- The only exception to the rule applies to Store Robberies, Bank Robberies, and Heists. In these 3 scenarios both parties will assume gunfire will happen without verbal, text, or ad communication. Read PD rules carefully.
21 – Ads are to be the last resort for initiating conflict and only used when all other options have been exhausted.
22 – Gunfire that does not injure or down a player is not considered RDM. Example: Shooting at the ground in front of a Player’s feet to get their attention.
23 – Teleports (Enter/Exits) – cannot be camped. You must let people grab the nearest cover and have time to respond to any threat. You cannot mow someone down or kidnap someone at a load in point.
GROUP / GANG CONFLICT
24 – You may have a maximum of 8 people when engaging in group conflict. The only exemption for this rule is after someone has been captured and there is no genuine chance for their rescue. You may bring them to other players if it furthers story and the initial conflcit has subsided.
25 – Do not continually hit the same group over and over again. This can be considered power gaming. Slow burn the story.
26 – You must have a reason for group conflict – there needs to be an option for the other group to get out of the conflict. A reasonable amount of money for tax, territory etc… Ordering a group to fold or completely cease operations is power gaming if pushed.
Admin mediation is available if needed for degrading group conflict scenarios.
These must be followed for any robberies, as the culprit or responding officer.
27 – PD must immediately identify themselves when arriving on scene and attempt verbal communication before firing their weapon.
- Criminals MUST be in the immediate area for this to apply to them.
- Police and Criminals must be set to Shout. (Type “/voip shout” in chat).
This is in effect from the moment the Robbery/Heist is started until either
- The Criminals involved are arrested and/or
- The Criminals involved escape.
28 – PD will assume that suppressive shots will be fired at them without verbal communication from Criminals.
29 – PD and Criminals are allowed to return fire with the intent to injure/put down once they receive suppressive fire from each other.
- Criminals and PD must be given an opportunity to take cover if loading in an entry point before firing. Example: Police take the elevator in FIB – the criminals must not camp the load in point. They may not fire suppressive rounds until they’ve been given the chance to get cover.
- Do NOT attempt to pull out a weapon, raise your weapon, or shoot if a Player has you at gunpoint. Example: Criminal runs out of Store, weapon in hand, into a PD Officer who has his gun pointed at him. At this point, the Criminal is NOT allowed to raise his weapon and attempt to shoot because it is not valuing life.
30 – Criminals are NOT required to use verbal communication before firing at PD.
However, they must use suppressive fire if they choose not to verbally communicate first. Suppressive fire means firing shots at PD with the intent to push them back into cover without injuring them. Give PD the opportunity to take cover, react, and fire back before shooting with the intent to down the PD Player.
Suppressive Fire Examples:
- Shooting at the feet of PD
- Shooting the car doors and hood of a PD car
- Shooting at the side and tail of a PD chopper.
31 – DO NOT log out in the middle of combat, i.e. combat logging.
32 – Do not go to the barbershop with the intent to drastically change your appearance if wanted by PD. Examples of what is NOT allowed: Changing your face, eyebrows, hairstyle, age, etc. Examples of what IS allowed: Dyeing hair, putting on a painted mask, shaving beard off, etc.
33 – You cannot complete any heist with more than 4 people involved in the heist. This allows counter play to the police.
34 – You cannot knowingly coordinate heists to start at the same time. Give at least 10 minutes between completion of heists. (This meta is terribly unfair to police)
35 – The Police Lockup, IAA Databank, Pacific Standard Bank and the FIB Building are all considered hostile robberies. If robbing these locations you SHOULD expect a gunfight. If trying to run with a weapon – police may use force. If trying to escape in a vehicle – police may use force. It should be expected that the police will breach these locations.
36 – Do not park vehicles inside of a heist building with the intent of escaping through the doors – this is unrealistic. (IE. Motorcyle in a store robbery.)
NEW LIFE RULE
Please read this rule carefully. It is different from other servers.
Incapacitated – meaning that you see the text to call an Ambulance or click E to respawn. You are downed.
ALSd – This means you clicked E to respawn or the timer expired and you respawned at the hospital.
37 – If you are incapacitated you MUST NOT remember key details about anyone that was involved in your incapacitation in the situations directly preceding that. There is no time requirement on this, this rule includes up to the point you were lured, captured or brought to the point of your incapacitation.
- You may remember small details – make/model/color of the vehicle that drove you.
- You can remember the why and how – what the reason was and where it was done, but not who did it. IE. Steve Reeker killed you for snitching on him about stealing Khloe Leaves cookie’s and he then threw you off the dam. You remember someone threw you off the dam for snitching. –
- You can remember what someone was wearing, their build and gender, if applicable.
38 – If ALS’d you do not remember anything leading up to your death.
39 – If killed from explosions or falling from great heights. Players can be revived but must not remember anything leading up to your death.
40 – The downed player must speak or emote to EMS/PD to indicate they want to be revived or ALSed. Example “/me no pulse” tells PD/EMS to not revive and “/me weak pulse” tells PD to revive them.
This applies to PD, but they are NOT required to RP a limp or severe trauma that causes them to go off duty unless they choose to. This means higher-ranked PD officers cannot force others to go off duty due to injury – that is a violation of rule 50.
41 – EMS/PD will not revive downed players until they indicate that is what they want.
42 – The LSPD can charge/arrest Players for crimes committed before they respawned.
- CRIMINALS This means you cannot respawn and claim memory loss to keep PD from charging you with crimes. Get creative: Use masks, different voices, different outfits, different vehicles, change your license plates, etc. if you want to conceal your identity and not have a paper trail lead back to you.
- CRIMINALS You must wait 1 hour before re-engaging in the conflict that caused you to be downed/respawn.
We ask you use common sense: If you are shot multiple times, fall off of a building, or go down in an explosion then do not re-engage even if it’s been 1 hour. RP serious injuries.
Examples of what is NOT allowed:
- Respawn and then immediately drive a car to pick up your wanted friend who you just attempted to rob the bank with
- EMS revives PD Officer who then immediately starts chasing the Criminal(s) who escaped a Robbery.
43 – If you want to claim having a bomb vest or having an explosive please have an explosive to show this. There needs to be counter play for the other side.
44 – Sniper rifles and/or revolvers must not be used on players and primary function should be to disable vehicles.
45 – You may take hostages at the scene for robberies – but cheesing hostages (making job calls or abducting random people at central garage) for the sake of winning a heist is against the rules.
- The only exceptions to this is if a hostage scenario is providing story – meaning you are RPing out a full scenario with them and it’s a part of a larger RP.
- You are strictly forbidden from using friends or fake hostages. This is a minimum 72 hour ban. Also it is worth noting – if you are unreasonable with hostages the police WILL BREACH AND SHOOT YOU. They have an obligation at a certain point to save the hostages life when it feels like criminals are being unreasonable and that there life is in danger – if you try to leave with a hostage from a scene you are likely to be met with force due to this.
46 – Do not speak If your injuries would cause you to be unconscious. Wait until EMS arrives to emote (/me) your injuries.
47 – Logging out while down and waiting for EMS is prohibited.
48 – Do not call “headshots” or say what another character’s injuries are.
49 – Use discretion with accidental death or knockouts.
50 – PD can say they were hit in their Body Armor when downed in gunfights (regardless of where shot or how many times shot), so that they can stay on duty to keep all server content open.
51 – You must RP out your injuries appropriately. If you have been downed (Needed resuscitation by PD/EMS) in a situation where you were attempting to inflict harm on another – you must RP out your injuries and not re-engage in conflict for at least an hour. This is especially important in gangland style executions – you must take the consequences of your actions
52 – You must not reverse a permadeath where Los Santos Medical writes a death certificate and/or autopsy. If you wish to bring back a permadeath’d character (One which is recorded), you must have admin approval and properly fix the paper trail so that there a no other adverse consequences to other parties. You must also not continue former conflicts from before the death – you must start fresh.
- Medical Professionals: You must determine in an OOC DM that someone is choosing the route of a permadeath and understands that this rule exists before writing a death certificate or autopsy.
- Law Enforcement: You must not investigate a murder unless there is a death certificate or autopsy.
The admins have the final say in any situation, and all rules are subject to change. Additionally, admins may decide to take action over something not listed here. When the admins review a situation, more than one opinion is used.