Skip to content
GTA Quick Start GuideGameWithMe2019-10-18T12:55:00-06:00
GTA QUICK START GUIDE
Welcome to TRP! The new home of RPFirst and TwitchRP. Please take a moment to look at the guide, if you have any questions feel free to ask in our discord! We have an active Development team who release new content consistently and communicates our vision in Discord. Be sure to read the #gta-announcements and #gta-changelog sections to stay up to date. Enjoy!
- First and foremost you must apply to be able to join our GTA servers. As all our servers are whitelist only you will need to be accepted. Head to the website and hit “Apply.”
- While you are there be sure to read the rules, also found on our website. Twitchrp.com
- Once accepted make sure you are in the Discord to receive your role, if you did not receive it from the bot then please post your Steam 64ID in the Steam ID channel.
- Teamspeak is required to play on the server – download it here.
- Download and install the TokoVOIP plugin which you can find on our discord server in the #gta-welcome channel.
- You must gather the Teamspeak info from the discord and connect to the Teamspeak to speak on the server. Make sure you are on push to talk and disable in-game GTA VoIP.
If it’s your first time connecting to the server since moving over to the new framework, create a character in one of your character slots with the same name. Once you’ve connected you need to type /importCharacter then you will receive your items.
After typing in your character name you can then change your appearance using the skin menu, just scroll through the options and once you’re satisfied then you can hit ENTER
BASIC KEY CONTROLS
- F1 – Access Phone (Make calls, send texts and use social media)
- F6 – Job Interaction Menu (Jobs such as the police will use this menu to interact with a player)
- F7 – Invoice (Billing and fines)
- G – Player Menu – You can access your inventory, skills and complete crimes such as drug selling in this menu
- Z – Adjust your VOIP from Whisper -> Yelling
- B – Put on your seatbelt when in a vehicle
- U – Access crafting menu – You can put together objects found in the world to create something to use or sell
- Capslock – Push to talk when on a phonecall
- DEL – Cancel progress bar
- T – Use the chatbox for commands and roleplay scenarios (/me)
- M – Open police MDC (Police Job Only)
- U – Lock or unlock doors for vehicle
- Y – Open truck of car (Needs to be unlocked first)
GETTING A JOB
On your map, there will be a small green bag labelled “Job Center” where you can select what profession you want to pursue. This section is under construction
- /skills – Quick way to view your progression on skills
- /roll jointname – Use this to roll joints from the product you have collected
- /hack – Hack a nearby register or ATM to earn cash and XP (Datapad required)
- /skin – Change your skin for your model
- /report – Report a technical issue
- /duty – Allows you to clock on-duty as EMS & Police
- /e [Emote Name] – cop, binoculars, cheer, drink, smoke, film plant, guard, hammer, hangout, hiker, statue, jog, lean, flex, camera, sit, sitchair, hoe, hoe2, pushups, situps, fish, impatient, mobile, diggit, sunbath, sunbath2, weld, yoga, kneel, crowdcontrol and investigate – Use WASD to break animation at any point
- You must disconnect from the game and rejoin the server.
- Your server slot in the queue is reserved for 2 minutes after leaving.
This section is under construction Skills change depending on what you’re doing, each task alters your skill percentage. Doing the same task such as hacking over will increase your level making you more proficient Check your skills from the G menu or use the chat command
- Tuning -Your ability to Upgrade your vehicle
- Repair -How well you can repair vehicles and possibly your relationships
- Chemistry – This skill opens up new chemistry crafting options
- Hacking – Your ability to hack electronic devices around you.
- Study of Math – Your ability to make calculations
- Racketeering –dishonest and fraudulent business dealings.
- Lock Picking – aptitude at unlocking things that are locked
- Plundering – How well you can talk like a pirate
- Hustling – How well you can run that game.
- Drug Manufacture -How close you are to Walter White
- Forgery – The ability to forge documents
- Drug Trafficking – Aptitude at pushing drugs
- Strength: Increasing strength allows Players to hold more Items in their Personal Inventory
- Fitness: Increasing stamina allows the player to run for longer amounts of time
- Toughness: Increases health, allowing player to be tougher
- Mining: How efficiently you are able to mine
PLAYER INTERACTION MENU
This section is under construction
- Inventory – Opens UI to display items as well as how much cash you have on hand
- Skills – View all your skills and exp levels to see how close you are to your next level up
- Crime – Use during heists and illegal activities
- Drugs (Menu used to deliver and sell drugs)
- Schwag Laced
- Reggie Laced
- Tools (Used during heists to perform use of tools)
- More information coming soon
- Player Options
- Vehicle Controls
- Toggle Hood
- Toggle Doors
This section is under construction All GTA vehicles, including DLC, available for purchase at Simeon’s.
- Simeon’s: All personal vehicles are purchased here. Once bought, the vehicle will be accessible at Garage locations.
- Personal Garage: Buying a home or apartment gives Players a garage by their property that only they can access.
- Business Garage: Buying a business gives Players a garage by their property that only they can access.
- Player Mechanics: Purchase tuning upgrades for your vehicles from mechanics
- Vehicle Menu: Most interaction with your personal vehicle is done through this menu
- Lock/Unlock Shortcut Key: “U”
- Upgrades: Vehicle upgrades can be sold an applied by players
This section is under construction
- Hobbies are designed to be an additional way to make money.
- Hobbies are always available to everyone, no matter what Job you have chosen.
- Some Hobbies require specific Skill levels to access all the content available.
- Farming, Mining, Fishing and deliveries are all jobs that don’t require you to change at the city hall
Hobbies are a great way to meet people who are getting some extra cash
This section is under construction Some Illegal activities are NOT on the Map or Legend. This is intentional, RP to discover all the content that is available for Criminals.
- Specific Crime Skill level required to unlock
- Stealing Vehicles: Steal any car to hide, blend in, or move cargo discreetly.
- Mugging: Hold up Players to take all the Money in their pockets.
- Get creative! Find people who have large amounts of cash in their pockets.
- Hacking: Hack Player’s bank accounts discreetly.
- Robbing Stores: Outsmart PD to steal ingredients needed for other Illegal activities and dirty cash
- Robbing/Hacking Businesses: Outsmart PD to steal small sums of dirty money or transfer hacked capital to your own business
- Robbing Banks: Outsmart PD to steal large sums of dirty money
- Clothing Store: Thousands of clothing customization options, including masks, to hide and conceal your identity when needed.
This section is under construction The progression system in Criminal RP. Crime skill unlocks more content as you climb your way through the ranks of crime.
- Running Weed is meant to be the second most quiet/subtle for of Criminal RP.
- Get creative with Weed RP! Weed has the additional benefit of increasing health when smoked. Use this to your advantage if you run Weed. Example: Sell individual joints for more than what the Dealer will pay.
- Remember; Skills matter! Get the most return on Weed by maxing out your Skills. Find out in game what each one does.
- Store Robberies: These are the next step up in Criminal RP. There is an immediate risk since PD is alerted to the location. However, if you are able to get away then the risk is rewarded by increased payouts and an opening to Meth/Coke runs.
- Bank Robberies are the next level of Criminal RP. Pulling these off is TOUGH. Coordination and teamwork are key in order for Criminals to pull these off successfully.
- Heists are for the best Criminal crews in Los Santos. They require exploration and knowledge of the city to find the required items to start the Heist. In addition, they require planning and coordination to execute successfully. The rewards are exclusive items not found anywhere else in the city.
- There are additional, smaller Criminal options: mugging, and hacking. Incorporate these into your RP to help build your criminal organization. Get creative with these options.
This section is under construction
- Housing available through the realtor job, find someone who works in the housing department and get the paperwork signed to become a homeowner!
- Meet up with a lawyer to get an organization license
- Explore the Island to discover all the possibilities of organizations